An absolute must watch. This is so right on.
6 Rules for Allies (to LGBT people, women, racial minorities, etc…):
1) It is not sufficient to be liberal (be a warrior, not a soldier)
2) Be loud and crazy: Speak out for those with less privilege. Relinquish your own privilege to create justice
3) Do not tell anyone in any oppressed group to “be patient.” Patience is not a political strategy.
4) Recognize institutional, structural, and covert ‘isms and oppression. Never invalidate when others say they have experienced discrimination.
5) When you are called out, welcome opportunities to see how your choices, ideas, and words may erase those of others. (You are not above reproach…)
6) Actively support alternative possibilities.